1. Deauthorize your License KeyIf you have registered Fastvue Reporter with a valid license key, you will need to first deauthorize the key so it can be used on your new server. To do this:
- Go to Settings | Licenses
- Click Edit License Keys
- Remove the key(s) from the list
- Click Save License Keys.
2. Copy the Data LocationBy default, Fastvue Reporter stores its data in C:\ProgramData\Fastvue\Reporter for Sophos Web Appliance unless you changed this during installation. You can find your data location by going to Settings | Data Storage.
Copy this folder onto your new server. Make sure you copy it to a drive that has enough disk space to accommodate the data retention policy specified in Settings | Data Storage.
3. Update the Syslog Server in Sophos Web ApplianceWhen you first set up Fastvue Reporter, you add the Fastvue Reporter machine as a syslog server in Sophos Web Appliance (Configuration | System | Alerts and Monitoring | Syslog). Update this syslog server to the new Fastvue Reporter machine name or IP address.
4. Install Fastvue ReporterEnsure your new server meets Fastvue Reporter's recommended requirements, and install the latest version of Fastvue Reporter for Sophos Web Appliance by downloading from http://fastvue.co/sophos/swa/download.
During the installation, after you have selected the site to install to, you are asked to specify Fastvue Reporter's data location. This should default to C:\ProgramData\Fastvue\Reporter for Sophos Web Appliance. Change this to the folder you copied the previous install's data location to (see step 2 above).
5. TestYou should now be able to browse to your new Fastvue Reporter site on the new server. Go to the Sources page and check that Fastvue Reporter is importing records from your Sophos Web Appliance (give this a minute or two).
Check other settings such as Settings | Email, and Settings | Data Storage to ensure everything is set correctly. Go to Reports and click 'Show Existing Reports' to ensure your previous reports were copied across.
7. LicenseBefore the 30 day trial expires, make sure you apply your license key in Settings | Licenses.
If you have any trouble, or would like assistance migrating your software, please contact Fastvue Support.