Changing the Data Location
You can change the data location in Settings | Data Storage, just be aware that Fastvue Reporter will become unresponsive while the data is moved to the new location. Fastvue Reporter will stop importing logs, and stop processing records to display on the Live Dashboard. No reports can be run during this time.
Once the data has been moved, Fastvue Reporter will function as normal.
Changing the Data Location manually
You can also change your Data Location manually. To do this, you will need the installer for Fastvue Reporter handy.
- Go to Settings | Data Storage and note your data location
- Copy the entire Data Location to your new location (if this is on a different machine, read 'Storing Data on a Network Drive' below).
- Run the Fastvue Reporter installer. If you don't have it available, download the latest release from http://www.fastvue.co/sophos/swa/download
- On the Data Location page of the installer wizard (after you specify the site and virtual directory to install to), enter your new Data Location.
- Finish the installation.
- Browse to the Fastvue Reporter website and clear the browser cache by hitting ctrl + F5 (cmd + R on mac)
Fastvue Reporter will now be using the new location, and as long as it contains all the files and folders from the old location, all your data and settings will be preserved. Fastvue Reporter will start importing logs from where it left off.
Storing Data on Network Drive
If you are changing the Data Location to a network path, be sure to use a UNC path rather than a mapped network drive. For example, use \\myserver\fastvuereporter rather than X:\fastvuereporter. The reason for this is that mapped network drives do no exist when you are logged off the machine.
Also make sure the machine account for the Fastvue Reporter server has read/write permissions to this path. For example, if the Fastvue Reporter machine is called 'mywebserver' and it's joined to the 'mydomain' domain, the permission to add to your UNC path would be mydomain\mywebserver$